Government Sibling Online Course
12-month access to online course beginning now*** w/out textbook
You will need the textbook for the online course. This product is for customers who already have a copy.
This American government course was designed from the lens of conservative founding principles, with hearty acknowledgement of our country’s Judeo-Christian roots, for 11th-12th grades. It contains suitable material for 1/2 credit with honors for your high school transcript. Some families have even chosen to spread it over a year so they can go a little deeper and give a full credit.****
What you will learn:
- Knowledge needed to understand and defend American constitutional form of government
- What conflicts led up to the writing of our constitution that made it unique and a major leap forward in all world history
- The history of successes and failures of elected officials in leading the U.S. by our constitution
- Honest examination of bad decisions and the consequences they brought
- Which current policy proposals ensure the greatest human flourishing for everyone
- Clear understanding of what rights are and from where they come
- Importance of having a citizenry with morality based in Judeo-Christian principles
- How to research and write a research paper on a government policy topic (in the included optional mini-course)
- Many study habits and skills that will be useful if you take college courses in the future
- Principles that will help you stand up to the teaching of liberal college professors who think it is their job to help you abandon them
Benefits for the homeschool family
- Self-paced, which means you are not restricted by someone else’s schedule. Take off for that trip to Europe for a month and pick up where you left off afterward with no penalty.
- Semester lesson list is clearly laid out to minimize planning time investment
- Customizable grading spreadsheet that will calculate a final grade for you
- Independent students will need very little oversight as long as they keep themselves on track
- Boundary Stone is a family run company that is willing to accommodate your unique situation when possible
This government course bundle includes:
- Student access to online course
- Student Study Guide PDF
- Student access to Policy Project Mini-course
- Teacher’s Guide PDF
***If you would like to start at a different time, contact Cathe: firstname.lastname@example.org. PDFs will be available for download after purchase. Textbook will ship within two days.
**** Requirements differ in each state. Boundary Stone is not a school and does not award academic credit. However there is enough material for a rigorous semester-long (1/2 credit) or year-long (1 credit) course. Please be sure to check with whoever is your oversight where required. There is a course syllabus and lesson list included in the Teacher’s Guide.
Great Videos and Projects
I really enjoyed the videos that are linked with the lessons. The reading is pretty heavy but if you stay on top of it and do the review questions while you read it’s not too hard. I do really like the perspective from which the textbooks are written. The budget project for the economics course was really eye opening.
Even better than we hoped for
I am a middle school teacher who also homeschooled our son for his senior year. I looked at several government and economics curriculum selections, but we chose Boundary Stone for several reasons. First, he is a visual learner and wanted something online. This turned out to be a great choice, because he especially appreciated the videos that are a part of both courses. Second, he said that the course was thorough, yet easy to navigate. Third, from a teacher/parent perspective, I felt utterly confident that the instruction would line up with our values and provide a solid foundation of government and economics for him to grow with. I was not disappointed! In fact, I now want to go back through the course myself and relearn government and economics from a solid Biblical worldview. Lastly, considering our current national & political challenges, I am more glad than ever that we chose this course for our son so he can be a properly informed citizen.