By Clarence Carson and Paul Cleveland
Basic Economics, 4th Ed.
Textbook and Online Course
- Basic Economics begins at the beginning with the Dominion Mandate
- Acknowledge an intentionally created orderly universe that is guided by discoverable principles
- Learn to make the case for free markets and limited government
- Understand socialism by learning its foundations and history
- Study economics from a natural law perspective
Online Student Course
- One semester course
- Daily assignments to cover the textbook
- Most weeks leave one day free for optional project
- Optional household budget project
- Short videos accompany most lessons
- Online chapter quizzes and quarterly tests
- Separate login access to Teacher’s Guide and quiz and test scores
The teacher will need to coordinate checking written homework material using the online Teacher’s Guide, and computing course grades.
equipping the teacher
Online Teacher’s Guide
Free to teachers of students who have purchased a new copy of the text from any source. (When viewing PDF, click Esc to exit viewer and return to this page) Includes:
- Suggested answers and prompts for Study Guide material from the text
- PDF format quizzes and quarterly tests
- Semester plan for completing the course with daily assignments
- To register, a teacher needs to send a copy of the purchase receipt (if purchased from a source other than this site) to firstname.lastname@example.org and answer a few questions. A login will be set up to meet your needs.
Basic Economics is a must read! So much of what is taught today as economics is 180 degrees opposite of the truth. It’s all about how you think and this book will make sure you get it right.
–Nelson Nash Originator of the Infinite Banking Concept
[pdf-embedder url=”https://boundarystone.org/wp-content/uploads/securepdfs/2018/04/1-Why-Basic-Economics.pdf” title=”1 Why Basic Economics”]
[pdf-embedder url=”https://boundarystone.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/BE4-Full-TOC.pdf” title=”BE4 Full TOC”]
See before buying
Sample Chapter and Table of Contents
Chapter 1 and the detailed Table of Contents in pdf form so that you can review before buying. If you have a need for more information or a review copy, contact us. (Click Esc to exit viewer and return to this page)
A Different approach
Helping You Provide Beacons
Every generation needs fixed beacons to find their way through the storms life will undoubtedly send. We want to help you find ways to pass on changeless truths to the next generation. Too often, Christian approaches to social sciences attempt to take public school designed content and add a few proof texts from Scripture to justify what is taught. Instead, we believe the foundation must be the universal principles God designed to govern a created universe. Discovering and mastering these universal principles will provide priceless tools in their arsenal. They will empower them to see through the faulty reasoning used by politicians, pundits, and the media to manipulate political agendas affecting more and more areas of our daily lives.
In the simplest terms, economics is a study of the thrifty use of scarce resources to satisfy human wants. God created an orderly universe, and there are discoverable principles that govern how systems operate. Economic principles, so far as they are valid, are universal in their application. That is, they apply to all peoples at all times…
– Chapter 1
Unmasking the Sacred Lies
In this book, Dr. Cleveland clearly lays out the important foundational issues that policy makers sadly miss or deviously seek to mask. He then examines several individual areas including education, the environment, welfare, and business policy revealing the sacred lies we have believed for far too long. The ideas in this book will more than likely challenge your view of what constitutes good public policy.
The Great Utopian Delusion
Individual freedom and liberty are fundamental principles upon which a good society is based. Regrettably, those principles have been under attack for over one hundred years around the globe. The notion that paradise on earth can be achieved by coercive means has led to the spread of tyranny and despotism
Basic American Government
A constitutionally oriented book which includes a valuable and lengthy one chapter description of the nature our government, followed by a history of its founding principles, tracing them from the ancient Hebrews, the Greeks, the Romans, the Medieval and reformation background, and the British sources. From there it describes the making of our national and state constitutions, the 19th century development, and 20th century departures.