Complete Homeschool Government
and Economics Curriculum
Online Courses Description
- Two one-semester courses with access until June 15, 2020
- You will be given access to government course as soon as it is available
- Economics course is available now
- Begin any time and work at your pace through 80-90 daily assignments
- Daily assignments include reading, videos, review exercises, and auto-graded quizzes and tests
- All other written assignments graded by parent/teacher
- Online Teacher’s Guide with study guide answers and course planning materials
- Most Mondays set aside to work on Project Mini-course
- Email, chat or phone support
- Parent/Teacher will have a second login with access to teacher’s guide, course progress, and quiz/test scores.
- Basic American Government
- Textbook + Free Teacher’s Guide $40
- Teacher’s Guide $25 (needed if you use a used copy of the textbook, will be available by Aug. 1, 2019)
- Online Course $50 (will be available by Aug. 1, 2019)
- Project Mini-course $0 (will be available by Aug. 1, 2019)
- Basic Economics, 4th ed.
Basic American Government
A constitutionally oriented book that includes a valuable and detailed one chapter description of the nature of our government, followed by a history of its founding principles, tracing them from the ancient Hebrews, Greeks, and Romans, through the formation of our constitution, and beyond through the 19th and 20th centuries.
See before buying
Sample Chapter and Table of Contents
Basic Economics, 4th ed.
Samples from other textbooks on their product page in the bookstore.
Chapter 1 and the detailed Table of Contents in pdf form so that you can review before buying. If you have a need for more information or a review copy, contact us. (Click Esc to exit viewer and return to this page)
In the simplest terms, economics is a study of the thrifty use of scarce resources to satisfy human wants. God created an orderly universe, and there are discoverable principles that govern how systems operate. Economic principles, so far as they are valid, are universal in their application. That is, they apply to all peoples at all times…
– Chapter 1
Basic Economics, 4th ed.
equipping the teacher
Online Teacher’s Guide
Free to teachers of students who have purchased a new copy of the text from any source. Includes:
- Suggested answers and prompts for Study Guide material from the text
- PDF format quizzes and quarterly tests for students who prefer written versions
- Semester plan for completing the course with daily assignments
- To register, a teacher needs to send a copy of the purchase receipt (if purchased from a source other than this site) to email@example.com from the email address the parent/teacher wants to use and answer a few questions. A login will be set up to meet your needs.
Basic Economics is a must read!
So much of what is taught today as economics is 180 degrees opposite of the truth. It’s all about how you think and this book will make sure you get it right.
–Nelson Nash, Originator of the Infinite Banking Concept
Over 30 years experience teaching economics
- Dr. Paul Cleveland has been an economics and finance professor for over 30 years and is author or co-author of four books.
- Cathe Cleveland taught over 100 economics students over four years using this curriculum in a homeschool co-op in Birmingham, AL.
- The Clevelands homeschooled their own children through high school. Their son now has a Master’s degree and is a high school teacher at an urban Christian school. Their daughter is pursuing a graduate degree.
- Their combined experience with numerous students and many different curriculum packages in many subject areas helps them understand the needs of homeschoolers. Because of this, they completely re-designed the 4th edition of Basic Economics with the homeschool family in mind.
A Different approach
Helping You Provide Beacons
Every generation needs fixed beacons to find their way through the storms life will undoubtedly send. We want to help you find ways to pass on changeless truths to the next generation. Too often, Christian approaches to social sciences attempt to use content designed for public schools and add a few proof texts from Scripture to justify what is taught. Instead, we believe the foundation must be the universal principles God designed to govern his created universe. Discovering and mastering these universal principles will provide priceless tools in students arsenals. They will empower them to see through the faulty reasoning used by politicians, pundits, and the media to manipulate political agendas affecting more and more areas of our daily lives.